Curriculum Committee Web Site
Here you will find meeting agendas, minutes, documents, and links related to course and program proposal creation, submission, and approval. Visit the Curriculum Central Course Proposal Guide for information on how to write a comprehensive course proposal, along with well-written examples selected from recently approved proposals.
Please see these excerpts from the UH Leeward Faculty Senate Charter and Bylaws to better understand the Curriculum Committee's function within the curriculum approval process.
The 2012-13 deadlines for outline proposal submission:
- Fall 2012 - Friday, September 28
- Spring 2013 - Wednesday, November 21
Note that the deadlines are the dates when a proposal must be approved by a division chair and submitted to the Curriculum Committee.
Fall 2012 - Spring 2013 Meeting Schedule
|Fall 2012||September 6||September 27||October 18||November 8||November 29|
|Spring 2013||January 10||January 17||January 24||January 31||February 7|
|February 14||March 14||April 18|
Curriculum Committee meetings will be held in BS 106B from 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM. Proposers are invited to attend, and their participation, though not required, often can facilitate the approval process.
Other important dates:
- February 14 - Last Curriculum Committee meeting to approve proposals prior to the Feb 20 Faculty Senate meeting.
- February 20 - Last Faculty Senate meeting to approve proposals prior to the Banner deadline.
- February 28 - Banner deadline, the last day the Leeward Administration will approve curriculum proposals for inclusion in the fall 2013 schedule.