Curriculum Committee Web Site
Here you will find meeting agendas, minutes, documents, and links related to course and program proposal creation, submission, and approval. Visit the Curriculum Central Course Proposal Guide for information on how to write a comprehensive course proposal, along with well-written examples selected from recently approved proposals.
Please see these excerpts from the UH Leeward Faculty Senate Charter and Bylaws to better understand the Curriculum Committee's function within the curriculum approval process.
The 2015-16 deadlines for outline proposal submission:
- 1st deadline - Friday, September 25, 2015
- 2nd deadline - Friday, November 20, 2015
Note the following:
- The effective term (see field #4) for both deadlines is fall 2016.
- The deadlines are the dates when a proposal must be approved by a division chair and submitted to the Curriculum Committee.
- The Curriculum Committee has two deadlines to encourage proposers to submit outlines early in the academic year. This allows us to avoid a large influx of outlines too late in the year to complete all the work.
- Most proposers should submit by the first deadline. The second deadline is meant for courses that proposers did not know about when the year started, or for people who just could not get them done on time.
Fall 2015 - Spring 2016 Meeting Schedule
|Fall 2015||August 27||September 10||September 24||October 8||October 22|
|November 5||November 19||December 3||December 10|
|Spring 2016||January 7||January 14||January 21||January 28||February 4|
|February 11||March 10||April 7||April 28|
Curriculum Committee meetings will be held in BS 105 from 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM. Proposers are invited to attend, and their participation, though not required, often can facilitate the approval process.
Other important dates:
- February 11 - Last Curriculum Committee meeting to approve proposals prior to the Faculty Senate meeting.
- February 17 - Last Faculty Senate meeting to approve proposals prior to the Banner deadline.
- February 26 - Banner deadline, the last day the Leeward Administration will approve curriculum proposals for inclusion in the fall 2015 schedule.