Curriculum Committee Web Site
Here you will find meeting agendas, minutes, documents, and links related to course and program proposal creation, submission, and approval. Visit the Curriculum Central Course Proposal Guide for information on how to write a comprehensive course proposal, along with well-written examples selected from recently approved proposals.
Please see these excerpts from the UH Leeward Faculty Senate Charter and Bylaws to better understand the Curriculum Committee's function within the curriculum approval process.
The 2014-15 deadlines for outline proposal submission:
- Fall - Friday, September 26, 2014
- Spring - Friday, November 21, 2014
Note the following:
- The deadlines are the dates when a proposal must be approved by a division chair and submitted to the Curriculum Committee.
- The Curriculum Committee has two deadlines to encourage proposers to submit outlines early in the academic year. This allows us to avoid a large influx of outlines too late in the year to complete all the work.
- Most proposers should submit by the first deadline. The second deadline is meant for courses that proposers did not know about when the year started, or for people who just could not get them done on time.
- All outlines should have fall effective dates.
Fall 2014 - Spring 2015 Meeting Schedule
|Fall 2014||August 28||September 11||September 25||October 9||October 23|
|November 6||November 20||December 4||December 11|
|Spring 2015||January 8||January 15||January 22||January 29||February 5|
|February 12||March 12||April 9||April 30|
Curriculum Committee meetings will be held in BS 105 from 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM. Proposers are invited to attend, and their participation, though not required, often can facilitate the approval process.
Other important dates:
- February 12 - Last Curriculum Committee meeting to approve proposals prior to the Faculty Senate meeting.
- February 18 - Last Faculty Senate meeting to approve proposals prior to the Banner deadline.
- February 27 - Banner deadline, the last day the Leeward Administration will approve curriculum proposals for inclusion in the fall 2015 schedule.