University of Hawaii's new email service is Google@UH Gmail. Your hawaii.edu email address remains, but has been activated as a Google Apps account which gives you access to many Google services like Gmail by using your hawaii.edu email address login. To access your Google@UH Gmail account go to: http://gmail.hawaii.edu. (You must be migrated first. Go here to view the migration checklist if you haven't migrated yet.) Note: Your Google@UH account is separate/different from a regular Google or Gmail account (if you have one).
Tip - To bookmark Google@UH Gmail in your Internet browser, right-click on http://gmail.com/a/hawaii.edu/ and left-click on "Bookmark this link" or something similar since it varies for each type of Internet browser.
- Communicate with your colleagues and students by using your Google@UH Gmail account to send and receive emails.
- Create and utilize Gmail labels and filters help you to keep emails organized and your inbox tidy.
- Add your students email addresses to your Contacts in your Google@UH Gmail account so you can easily send email through Gmail. Also, create a contact group for each of your classes so that you can easily email the whole class from your Google@UH Gmail account.
- Chat with your colleagues and students who have Google accounts (i.e. they migrated to Google@UH or have a Google account) using the built-in Google Chat application in your Google@UH Gmail account.
Related Workshops / Events
Check the Workshops / Events page for this semester's offerings.
- Google@UH Gmail FAQs - Your frequently asked questions answered by the University of Hawaii's ITS department.
- Gmail Help - Gmail support from Google
- Gmail basics - Start HERE to learn about sending, replying, attaching, and printing.
- Navigating Gmail - Reading messages in conversation layout, all mail, archive mail, archiving vs. deleting, marking messages as "read" or "unread", searching, changing your settings, and more.
- Contacts (aka your address book)
- Organizing your email - Folders vs. labels, using labels, editing labels, using filters and staring messages.
- Searching your email - Basic and advanced searching techniques to find any message
- Getting started
- Sending and receiving
- Managing contacts
- Chatting in Gmail
- Privacy and security
- Gmail security checklist
- Managing your Inbox: Gmail tips and tricks
- Becoming a Gmail Ninja
- Sync your Google@UH Gmail account to your mobile device (e.g. iPad, Android smartphone) - It will also allow you to sync other apps of your Google@UH Gmail account like your Contacts, Calendar, and Docs (if you use those apps).