Blackboard Collaborate Basic Moderator (Four-Part Workshop Series)
The registration has closed, but please feel free to look at this workshop page and Blackboard Collaborate resources.
Create and facilitate a five-minute session in Blackboard Collaborate of a topic of your choice that demonstrates using the tools in the following ways below. (If you choose to include the optional tasks*, you may have up to a 10-minute session.):
- Demonstrate giving and taking away participant privileges (e.g. microphone, whiteboard, video, etc.).
- Demonstrate loading a PowerPoint presentation and/or whiteboard file to the Whiteboard.
- Demonstrate the use of the Whiteboard tools (e.g. pointer tool, text tool, pen tool, eraser tool).
- Demonstrate the use of the polling tool (i.e. yes/no and/or multiple choice) with the audience and publish the results to the whiteboard; then clear all polling responses from the Participants window.
- *Demonstrate the use of the whiteboard tools by adding an image and/or clip art.
- *Demonstrate the use of Breakout Rooms – create them, move participants into and out of Breakout Rooms, move yourself (Moderator) from room to room.
- *Demonstrate the use of Application Share – start and stop Application Sharing, give and take away control of the application from a participant.
- *Demonstrate the use of the Web Tour tool including publishing a URL to the chat.
*optional but recommended
Blackboard Collaborate (formerly Elluminate Live!) is a live web conferencing platform that allows you to facilitate interactive instruction, help, and meetings to support a 21st-century teaching and learning environment. Features include two-way audio, multi-point video, interactive whiteboard, application and desktop sharing, breakout rooms, session recording and more.
To use Blackboard Collaborate at Leeward CC, please fill out the user agreement form by clicking here.
- Setup your computer by following the instructions on the Getting Started page.
- Orient yourself to using Blackboard Collaborate by watching the online orientation video
- Log into the Training Room by clicking on the following Participant's link: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2009459&password=M.6D90D5405251299645694362DC6F9D
- Experience Blackboard Collaborate as a Participant. (Refer to Participant's Guide.)
Use the following Blackboard Collaborate tools and features as a Moderator.
- Participant Panel
- Text chatting
- Conversation tabs
- Audio & Video Panel
- Load PPT file
- Create a polling slide and moderate your polling activity
- Use the following Blackboard Collaborate tools and features as a Moderator.
- Finish any topics missed from Part 2.
- Dry-run practice sessions from workshop participants as Moderators.
- Final Capstone sessions from each workshop participant as a Moderator.
- Feedback and final thoughts
- Free gift! Blackboard Collaborate audio setup wizard instructions screen for your BbCollab sessions. [Download] - when it opens, click on File > Download.
Visit the links at the bottom for additional resources - Getting Started, Training Materials for Participants and Moderators, Troubleshooting, etc.
For workshop participants:
Please complete the brief Blackboard Collaborate Basic Moderator survey. Mahalo!