TurningTechnologies, TurningPoint software and the ResponseCard keypads can transform classroom lectures into interactive learning sessions. TurningPoint software uses PowerPoint and can transform PowerPoint slides into interactive polling slides. Students then use the ResponseCard "clicker" keypads to vote and the results are immediately displayed on the polling slide. By using "clickers", students can be engaged in class and instructors can instantly assess students knowledge and comprehension, followed by class discussion. Using "clickers" in the classroom promotes active learning.
- Ice breakers
- Lesson reviews
- Test preparation
- Student polling
- Quick, test-your-understanding
- ... and more! Click here to see instructional strategies examples.
- Everyone participates (even the quiet ones)
- Get input from every student
- Assessment to check if students understand the class material
- Gives real-time feedback
- Fun for the participants/students
Note: TurningPoint will only work on a Windows OS computer. The TurningPoint version for Mac OSX will only work if your Mac has Office 2004 software.
- TurningPoint software download - Download TurningPoint (free)
- Online Tutorials - Training on how to use TurningPoint from TurningTechnologies
- Training Documents - Training documents from TurningTechnologies
- TurningPoint User Guide for Windows
- TurningPoint User Guide for Mac (with Office 2004 only) (PDF)